A kiss can mean so many things depending on what type of kiss it is and from whom it's coming. A kiss can be one of the most magical experiences of your life. Every kiss offers a special connection to the other person, whether it's a kiss of friendship, passion or a warm greeting, it gives out strong vibes. Kisses are not just reserved solely for the face and there's plenty of places where a kiss on the body is welcomed. It is said that a kiss is the expression of our souls which is why there are so many options to choose from. You will kiss your lover much differently than that of a dear friend. Here are some of the different types of kisses and what they mean.
1. The Forehead Kiss - A kiss on the forehead is a gentle expression of admiration. Usually it is a kiss of friendship or a starter kiss for something for romantic later.
2. Kiss on the Hand - This is when you grasp a persons hand with your fingers gently and kiss the back of the palm. It's a chivalrous move and one that shows your admiration and passion for someone.
3. The Eskimo Kiss - When two noses rub up against each other and move back and forth. It's affectionate and often given from a parent to their child. The Eskimo Kiss is believed to be the romantic option for those who live in cold climates, otherwise there's risk of lips getting stuck together.
4. The French Kiss - The French Kiss involves plenty of tongue action and mastery. While not easy to master, it derives from passion, romance and desire so part of the trick is to just go with your emotions.
5. Single Lip Kiss - A subtle single lip kiss is where you suck and sandwich their lip between yours at the same time. This is a suggestive kiss that lets the reciprocate know that you are very into them.
6. Earlobe Kiss - This all encompassing kiss is targeting an erogenous zone for most so it's kind of a big deal. You accomplish this by gently kissing or nibbling the ear on the earlobes. Known to be one of the most romantic and intimate kisses between lovers.
7. Butterfly Kiss - When two people get so close to each others face while they kiss that their eyelashes connect. This kind of kiss and it's intimate gesture is for those madly infatuated or in love with each other.
8. The Spiderman Kiss - Perhaps this sensual kiss was in the mix before Spiderman came out with the epic kiss scene. Spidey is upside down and Mary Jane is standing right side up. This is less risky when doing horizontally on the couch or bed and is a kiss of passion between lovers.
10. The Air Kiss - Air Kisses can be seen in old french movies in greetings. It's done by giving out a Mwaah in the air beside someone's cheek. Sometimes it's done on both cheeks depending on what country you're in. It's popular among celebs and can also be seen within family and friends. It's a non romantic, friendly gesture.
11. Leave a Mark Kiss - Also known as the lipstick kiss where a girl puts lipstick on and kisses her partner on the cheek, neck or lips. This leaves a mark and is usually just a playful gesture.
12. Secret Message Kiss - This is when lovers send an erotic messages while french kissing so others don't know about it. It's for two people that are very close to each other.
13. Lizard Kiss - This is where the tongue rapidly goes in and out of the mouth in quick strokes. It's a passionate kiss for lovers that are hot and heavy into each other.
14. The Lingering Kiss - A lingering kiss entails a lot of lip to lip kissing for long periods of time. It's full of intense emotion and passion and is often reserved for new love.
15. Kiss of an Angel - This is a gentle kiss on someone's eyelids and is a sweet gesture between two people that deeply love each other. A mother can do it to her child or a husband can do it to his wife.
16. Seductive Kiss - This is where you bit an open mouth that's much like a subtle French kiss (less tongue though). A kiss to win someone's heart and seduce them. It will make anyone's knees weak.
17. The Bite and Nibble - Subtle bites and nibbles on certain parts of a person's facial features such as the nose, cheeks, chin and eventually a kiss is planted on the neck. Deeply sensual kiss that is spontaneous between lovers and exudes intimacy and eroticism.
18. The Jaw Kiss - A kiss that is gentle and yet incredibly sensual as you kiss your partner's jaw. This kiss is for those that are already intimate and very close to each other.
19. The Vampire Kiss - A deep sexy kiss on the neck that includes sucking and a bit of biting. For lovers in an intimate setting.
20. The Big Tease - A kiss that can last for hours and perhaps what John Mayer had in mind when he wrote Your Body is a Wonderland. You tease your partner while getting to explore their body with your lips starting from the forehead and making your way all the way down. One would say this is a very invested method of foreplay and dedicated to lovers.