1. Helps Keep Your Immune System Humming - People who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. There's nothing sexy about sneezing, wheezing, or that runny-nose look. But getting hot and bothered can help you avoid coming down with the sniffles: People who have sex were found to have higher levels of an antibody called immunoglobulin A (IgA).
2. Lowers Your Blood Pressure - Research suggests a link between sex and lower blood pressure, says Joseph J. Pinzone, MD. One landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3. Lowers Heart Attack Risk - A good sex life is good for your heart. Besides being a great way to raise your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance. Having sex more often may help. During one study, men who had sex at least twice a week were half as likely to die of heart disease as men who had sex rarely.
4. Lessens Pain - Before you reach for an aspirin, try for an orgasm. Orgasm can block pain a distinguished service professor at Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey. It releases a hormone that helps raise your pain threshold.
5. Reduces Stress - Not only will having sex improve your mood, but a study has also proven that folks, who indulge in regular bedroom activities can handle stress better and are happier people.
6. Make Prostate Cancer Less Likely - Men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer. You don't need a partner to reap this benefit of Sexual intercourse, nocturnal emission, and masturbation were all part of the equation.
7. Improves Sleep - The sleep that you get just after you've made love will be much more relaxed. Getting a good night's sleep will make you feel alert and overall healthy.
8. Boosts Your Sex Drive - Having sex will make sex better and will improve your libido.
9. Lighter Periods - The increased number of uterine contractions can also help expel blood and tissue more quickly, helping to end your period faster. Sex during your period may not sound too appealing, but don't stress over making a mess. Going horizontal while menstruating has also been shown to help decrease the risk for endometriosis, a common condition in which uterine tissue grows outside of the uterus, causing pelvic pain and sex that hurts.
10. A Youthful Glow - If you find going to the gym mundane or working out at home a task, here's another way to help you lose the flab and keep in shape. Regular sex will do wonders for your waistline. Half an hour of lovemaking burns more than 80 calories. Regular sex also promotes the release of hormones, including testosterone and estrogen, which can keep the body looking young and vital.