10. Baidu Tieba - Baidu Tieba is the largest Chinese communication platform provided by the Chinese search engine company, Baidu. It is an online community of 300,000,000 users, bound tightly with internet search services, one of the main business of Baidu.
9. Twitter - Twitter is an online social networking service that enables 320,000,000 users to send and read short 140-character messages called "tweets". Registered users can read and post tweets, but those who are unregistered can only read them.
8. Instagram - Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its 400,000,000 users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.
7. Tumblr - Tumblr is one of the most difficult to use social networking platforms, but it’s also one of the most interesting sites with 555,000,000 users. The platform allows several different post formats, including quote posts, chat posts, video and photo posts as well as audio posts, so you are never limited in the type of content that you can share.
6. Qzone - Qzone is a social networking website which was created by Tencent in 2005. It allows 653,000,000 users to write blogs, keep diaries, send photos, listen to music, and watch videos. Users can set their Qzone background and select accessories based on their preferences so that every Qzone is customized to the individual member's taste.
5. WeChat - WeChat is a cross-platform instant messaging service developed by Tencent in China, first released in January 2011. It is one of the largest standalone messaging apps by monthly active users. As of May 2016, WeChat has over a 706,000,000 created accounts, 700 million active users with more than 70 million outside of China.
4. QQ - Tencent QQ, popularly known as QQ, is an instant messaging software service developed by a Chinese company named Tencent Holdings Limited. QQ also offers a variety of services, including online social games, music, shopping, microblogging, movies, and group and voice chat.
3. Facebook Messenger - Facebook Messenger, sometimes abbreviated Messenger, is an instant messaging service and software application which provides text and voice communication. Integrated with Facebook's web-based Chat feature and built on the open MQTT protocol, Messenger lets Facebook users chat with friends both on mobile and on the main website.
2. WhatsApp - WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform instant messaging client for smartphones, PCs and tablets. The app relies on the Internet to send images, texts, documents, audio and video messages to other users that have the app installed on their devices.
1. Facebook - This is the biggest social media network on the Internet, both in terms of total number of users and name recognition. Founded on February 4, 2004, Facebook has within 12 years managed to accumulate more than 1,650,000,000 users and 1.59 billion monthly active users and this automatically makes it one of the best mediums for connecting people from all over the world with your business. It is estimated that more than 1 million small and medium-sized businesses use the platform to advertise their business.